If you’re anything like me you probably love to talk about the tools that you use to do your work every day. This page serves as a living document of just that.
- Firefox — a super fast, customizable web browser. I use it every single day on all my devices.
- iTerm2 — I work in the terminal 80% of the time, why not pick the best terminal app?
- VS Code — I replaced Atom with VS Code recently and couldn’t be happier. It’s fast, has a bunch of cool plug-ins and gets new features on a regular basis.
- Amphetamine — I use my laptop like a desktop, so nothing should ever sleep. This handy tool prevents that.
- Docker — I try and run as much of the tools that I use on the command-line in containers for obvious reasons.
- SSHuttle — forwards my network traffic over a secure SSH tunnel to protect my privacy.
- AWS CLI — I use the AWS CLI for all sorts of work, mostly because I don’t like clicking around in the web UI all the time.
- CloudFormation — CloudFormation isn’t perfect so I’m looking at AWS CDK more and more.
- Git — I’m a heavy user of Git and GitHub for storing my infrastructure as code projects.
- Things — the only todo app that actually looks good on Mac and iOS.
- 1Password — 1Password really is a life saver. I couldn’t possibly live without it.
- Slack — I work remote all the time, either at home or at clients. Slack makes it possible to stay in touch with colleagues.
- 15” MacBook Pro — I’m currently using the 2018 model with a 6-core i7, 16GB of RAM and 512GB of storage.
- LG 27UK850 — After using a Dell Ultrasharp 1440p panel for the longest time I’ve switched to this LG one. It’s 4K and it has USB-C connections making it future-proof for now.
- iPhone 11 — This is again the best iPhone Apple has ever made. I love the camera and the huge screen, though I understand it’s not for everybody.
- Magic Mouse 2 — In terms of ergonomics this isn’t the best mouse so I switch to the trackpad regulary to prevent RSI. I love this mouse because it’s very portable and has touch input.
- Magic Keyboard — Hands down the best keyboard ever made. I’m using the small version without the numpad because it fits in my bag. Portability is important to me.
- AirPods Pro — Awesome pair of headphones to block out the noise caused by open-office plans I often find myself in.
- Apple Watch Series 3 — I don’t want to do without my Apple Watch anymore. It makes sure I don’t have to grab my phone out of my pocket every time I get a notification. I also love the workout features and stuff like music controls.